What I’m Doing Now
- I have recently completed my first public yearly review and have set my plans for 2023 with a lot of work ahead.
- My partner and I are currently on a winter nomad trip, and we’ve stopped in Las Palmas, Canary Islands to soak up some vitamin D. Later, we will move on to Bansko, Bulgaria where we will spend the winter season and I’m looking forward to skiing for the first time in six years.
- I’ve been focusing on learning about sync and data persistence technologies, starting with CRDTs and exploring practical solutions such as CloudKit and Core Data for Apple platforms.
- Over the past two years, I have started planning for my retirement through investments and setting up broker accounts and processes. This year, I plan to revamp the banking setup for myself, my partner, and my company, which has been long overdue. Just kicked off this task.
- I’ve recently begun reading This Book Could Save Your Life by Graham Lawton, which covers important aspects of life that influence health, specifically focusing on diet. The book is based on scientific research and written in a concise and accessible form. I was already on the right track with my eating habits, but I have now found evidence to support my choices and learned new insights. Another interesting point highlighted by the book is that many of the popular diets lack sufficient evidence to support their claims. There doesn’t seem to be a silver bullet when it comes to nutrition. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in changing their diet and improving their health.
- I also have The Freelance Way by Robert Vlach and Practical Core Data by Donny Wals on my reading list.