Hi there, my name is Lukáš.
I love building things in the digital space. I enjoy the entire process, but I especially like the engineering part. My passion lies in getting all the details right.
I’m a software developer, and I make apps for Apple platforms in the Swift programming language.
I’ve founded a small company, created Diagrams for Mac, and have expanded into freelancing.
I’m originally from the Czech Republic and currently based in Dresden, Germany. Every now and then, I take advantage of my location independence and work from different spots within Europe.
What am I doing now?
See my Now page.
Interested in working with me?
If you’re looking for a Swift developer to join your iOS or macOS projects and you’d be interested in collaborating, I’m eager to hear from you.
These are my areas of expertise:
- AppKit: My journey began with Mac development, so this is the framework I grew up on. Still in
- UIKit: Confidently navigating what I consider the backbone of top-notch iOS apps.
- SwiftUI: Adopted it right from its introduction. I’m familiar with its techniques as well as approaches for working around its limitations. Declarative UI FTW!
- Combine: I’ve been a long-time fan of FRP frameworks and a user of ReactiveSwift, which made the switch to Apple’s first-party framework quite smooth.
- TCA: With its growing buzz in the Swift community, I’ve recently hopped on the TCA train. I’ve always been inclined towards Redux-based systems, so it was an obvious choice for the architecture of my new app.
- Reverse Engineering: Peeking under the hood of Apple’s frameworks to bend their behavior or fix bugs has always been my passion.
- CloudKit: Sync in the context of CloudKit was my primary topic of 2023, and while I’m still a newcomer, I’ve found it surprisingly enjoyable!
Where can you find me online?
- On my blog, you can find infrequent posts about technical topics, insights from my work and hobby projects, as well as my yearly reviews.
- Mastodon has become my go-to social network. Here, I post about development for Apple platforms, repost interesting content about the indie business, and share bits from my life.
- I still keep an account on X, but as the good ol’ Twitter is gone, I’m not very active there anymore. Sometimes, I crosspost from Mastodon, though.
- For everything related to code, see my GitHub.
- And as for my outdoor activities, I track my runs on Strava and log my hikes on Komoot.
How to get in touch?
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for work-related matters and at email@example.com for everything else.